Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Greaaaaaat Iady!

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.
I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someones garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.


I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."


-Marjorie Pay Hinckley


This lovely quote is from a very great women. She showed the world that you can be steadfast and immovable and abounding in love for those around you. That quite actions, and loyalty can make a difference in the world. She was a beautiful mother to five, a dedicated homemaker, and avid learner, and the wife of our dear prophet Gordon B. Hinckley.






                   
She was feisty, strong willed, and could hit a deadpan joke with the best of 'em. She was, and is, an example to all of us striving to be real women. 


The Prophet Gordon B Hinckley in response to the question of what he wanted for his wife, given a few years before they both passed away:

"That we might live together for as long as the Lord wills and that when the time comes for us to move on, that we might go together or very close together, without one lingering a long time after the other. We've lived together for a long time. I hope we'll continue to move on together."






For a very well written article on the Hinckley's go here.

Pictures from the Deseret News.

No comments:

Post a Comment