Thursday, February 25, 2010

stop and admire the flowers

My beautiful momma is an artist, and there has always been art around me, and one of the most influencial in my life has been the works of Georgia O'Keefe.


Last night I watched the wonderful biography recently made on her with Joan Allen in the title role. She is famous for being both a strong woman and a beautiful painter. Her flowers evoke passion and awe, her landscapes bring magic to the desert, and all of her work inspires wordless hope within me.

"One day I found myself saying to myself... I can't live where I want to… I can't go where I want to... I can't do what I want to. I can't even say what I want to. I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to and say what I wanted to when I painted, and that seemed to be the only thing I could do that didn't concern anybody but myself."
I recommend the movie to everyone, and even more so I recommend infusing some great art into your life. Yesterday inspired me to go back to my roots and to try and strive to create art that fills me. Go find your art.

No comments:

Post a Comment