Monday, February 8, 2010

written in the stars

So the other day I was playing with BabyV and I couldn't help but feel that overwhelming gush of love, and I thought to myself :
Why do I feel this way (unabounding, mindblowing, uncomprehensible love) for her?

I guess in the back of my mind I had always assumed it was just because she was MINE; but as I looked at her in that moment, I knew that this was not so!

I think I love her so much because when I look at her I see pure unadulterated potential. Not that schister stuff that comes from cultural funnelings; but the true ability to do anything.

UNLIMITED, UNTAPPED, POTENTIAL.

Picture it. And what's even greater is that everyday I see her use that potential to do something new: sit, bleech, wink, sneeze, teething, laughing, you naming she is finding the life spark within her to pull it off. I love her for all that she is, will and could be. She reminds me so much of her dad whom I had the same feeling for when I fell in love with him...because I knew it wasn't only the him that I loved who stood before me, but the great him that I knew I had to be there to see him become.

No comments:

Post a Comment